Wednesday 15 August 2012

Sunday Style challenge 4



Hi everyone, on my browsing travels I came across the Sunday Style Challenge at  Scrappin N Style blog and was challenged to make a card using pool party colours (plus a stamp and a punch)


I used stamps from the Dots N Flowers clear stamp set by Hero Arts, stamped the flower panel twice and the large flower once in black Brilliance ink and embossed with clear powder. I found some Marvy markers which matched the challenge colours, scribbled them onto my ceramic tile and picked up the colour with a water brush to colour the panels and flower **.  I put some aqua card through the Sizzix Embossing Boutique, and used two punches, one for the border and one for the little leafy fronds which I coloured to match. I found this card quite challenging as these are not colours I would normally put together on a card!

** TIP: you can use this technique with marker pens that don't have enough ink to colour onto card well.

Sue xx

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Where are my sunglasses?! Terrific bright colours which I think you have combined really well.

Natalie said...

Pretty card, love the embossed background.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for playing along this week Sue! It's a fabulous card and I featured it today on the Scrappin N Style blog post.

Anonymous said...

Love your bright colors. Thanks for the tip. I'm a new follower.